- Help save Prof. Ambady Nalini Ambady is a renowned professor of psychology at Stanford University. She is battling leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant. There is a much greater chance of a match with another Indian. Please register as a bone marrow donor to help Nalini and other South Asians! (, )
- Survey Request: CHETNA needs your feedback! Please take a few minutes to complete the survey. We strive hard to ensure that we reach everyone in our community. CHETNA wants to hear from you about domestic violence.
Your participation and input is important to help provide and shape the quality and availability of programs in the region. Survey results will be analyzed and will help us improve or add CHETNA programs.
We thank you in advance for your participation and will let you know the outcome of this survey in the next few weeks.
Please like us on Facebook and help us in our endeavor to end domestic violence and abuse.
- Social Worker Seeking Employment A passionate Social Worker experienced in victim advocacy, student outreach, and youth leadership development in violence prevention is seeking employment in a South Asian organization that builds capacity and provides support to victims and youth affected by domestic violence.
Please access resume here and contact Jasleen Singh for any further information.
Calls for Submission
- Leadership Institute in Women's Economic Social and Cultural Rights PWESCR’s annual leadership development programme is uniquely designed for women’s rights leaders (men and women) working in key leadership positions within organisations throughout the global South. Using a human rights framework and the ICESCR to address structural causes of poverty and inequality the Institute will focus particularly on the social construct of gender and women’s poverty. All selected participants should attend both the phases. The Leadership Institute is conducted in two phases:
Phase 1: March 24th to March 30th 2014, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Phase 2: September 15th to September 20th, 2014, Colombo, Sri Lanka
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 23, 2013 (, )
- 3-month long workshop for a small group of emerging Nepali filmmakers, and others from developing countries Sattya Media Arts Collective, based in Kathmandu, is seeking a qualified documentary instructor to teach a 3-month long workshop for a small group of emerging Nepali filmmakers that will result in the students producing short, compelling documentaries. The project is a collaboration between Sattya and Steps International, and the films that result from the workshop will be part of Steps International’s Why Poverty? series, as well as be shown throughout Kathmandu as part of Sattya’s Bato Ko Cinema program. Please click on the link for more information to understand the Objective and to download the Application for Submission. Application deadline: October 30; We strongly encourage instructors from developing countries to apply. (To apply, fill out this application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.) (, )
- Daya's 2013 Annual Seminar White House to Hillcroft :
Immigration Reform, Race Relations & The South Asian Community.
Free seminar - Breakfast and lunch provided
Pre-registration required, register here:
Dr. Stephen L. Klineberg
Rice University's Kinder Institute for Urban Research
Executive Director, SAALT (South Asian American Leading Together)
Wafa Abdin - Catholic Charities
Cherry Steinwender - Center for Healing Racism
Gordon Quan - Co-Chair FosterQuan, Former Mayor pro-tem of City of Houston
Damaris Nicholson - Department of Family & Protective Services
Event moderated by Mustafa Tameez
---------WHERE AND WHEN: (Hilton Southwest, 6780 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77074, Saturday, September 28, 2013 8:30AM - 1:30PM)
- Once Voice Human Chain 2013 Daya in association with Houston Police Department present. Daya is raising Awareness on the streets and neighborhoods against Domestic Violence. OCTOBER 26, 2013 TIME: 10.00 AM to 1.00PM Human Chain: 11.00 AM to 12.00 PM; Venue: 5810 Hillcroft St , Houston, TX 77036. Event is Free to all. Vibrant FREE T-shirt and lots of FREE FOOD LIVE DJ & DHOL MUSIC; PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED. email@example.com , 713.981.7645 (, )
- CHETNA - Power Walk for Peace - Oct. 26 October is domestic violence awareness month. CHETNA is hosting our annual Power Walk for Peace on October 26th. Please join us at Thomas Jefferson Park in Irving. Together we can take a stand against domestic violence! You can register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (, )
Calls for Study Participants
- Asian American LGBT Community Members Needed for a Study. Dear Members of South Asian-American Women's Association:
We are seeking individuals who (1) identify as Asian American, (2) identify as lesbian, gay or bisexual, and (3) are at least 18 years of age to complete a confidential web-based survey that will ask you about the impact of discrimination on Asian American LGB persons.
The entire study should take approximately 30-40 minutes. The answers you provide will be kept completely confidential. You will not be asked to provide your name on the inventory.
We would greatly appreciate you taking part in the survey and contributing to our understanding of factors that contribute to the well-being of Asian American LGB.
AS A THANK YOU, PARTICIPANTS WHO COMPLETE THE SURVEY CAN ENTER INTO A LOTTERY DRAWING TO WIN ONE OF FOUR $25 GIFT CERTIFICATES OR ONE OF FOUR $50 GIFT CERTIFICATES.
For more information about the study, and to participate, please go to https://illinois.edu/sb/sec/4852751
Any questions can be addressed to Dr. Frances Shen (email: email@example.com), Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois Springfield.
This research has been reviewed and approved by the UIS Human Subjects Review Officer, Dr. Lynn Pardie. Dr. Pardie can be reached at 217-206-6614 to answer any questions about your rights as a volunteer participant in this study.
Thank You. (, )
Last updated 08 Nov 2013
Contact us: info-at-sawnet-dot-org